Hello Readers! Thanks for following my blog. I hope you've been enjoying my writing and photos over the years. Don't worry, I'm going to keep blogging and shooting! I made some changes to the site last week and last night. Here is a quick rundown of what has changed:
- Error Page: I have updated my error page to actually be helpful, before it was worthless, but now when you land on it, you'll find it much more helpful.
- Side Bar: Added blog categories list, added full archives listing, removed login
- Comments: I have totally removed the comments section from this site. They were hard to use (almost impossible) and spambots spent all day trying to spam them, although they did actually fail, but still. I will be reintroducing comments when I release the next version of this site. If you want to comment on a post, email me and I'll update the post with your comment and a link back to you (link the old boingboing style)
- del.ico.us Links: As I'm sure you've noticed I've been automatically posting my links from del.ico.us every day. I hope you're enjoying this. Let me know through email either way.
- Image Layout: I've changed the layout of the image pages by simplifying the interface and moving the album information to below the image. I've also added a share this button.
- Blogs: I've added a date posted field as well as a share this button.
- ShareThis: I saw this post on laughing squid and decided to add that functionality to my site. You will find a ShareThis badge on every page now.
Let me know what you think!
Jump on your bike every second Thursday and join us on our art gallery tour through the skewed streets of Downtown LA. We begin our ride at 5:00pm at the Downtown Art Gallery on 1611 S.Hope St. There is a free parking lot next to the gallery if you are unable to ride or take public transit from your location. We will leave the Downtown Art Gallery between 5:30 and 5:45 and make our way to all the galleries that take part in the Downtown Art Walk (except MOCA Grand and the Library.) Here is a google pedometer map of the route we will be taking and here is a map of the actual art walk[pdf]. Don't forget to bring a lock and of course your bike.
UPDATE!! I registered a domain and built a quick website for the Downtown Art Ride. I will be adding more info soon along with a great map that Eric Richardson created at his new job.
I noticed there weren't pertinent groups for the following subjects: Caves and Mines, Drum'n'Bass, Urban Entropy, Search and Rescue and Metaphoto so I created them. Look for tons of photos coming soon. (This weekend I took some really cool pictures at the Huntington Library Botanical Gardens)
This is a random and pointless photo of some sauce at dinner